Responding to the Scott McLeod Challenge, via Mike Crowley at Maelstrom
If we want to give our students the education they deserve for their futures, we need to stop pretending that:
- The ways students use technology outside of school is not learning
- Meaningful change can happen in schools without building a collaborative culture first
- There is a difference between educational leadership and technology leadership
- Any subject area content is more important than learning how to learn
- Students know how to use technology for learning because they know how to use technology
From Scott McLeod: Please join us. When it comes to education, what are 5 things that we have to stop pretending? Post on your blog, tag 5 others, and share using the #makeschooldifferent hashtag. Feel free to also put the URL of your post in the comments area so others can find it!